Sunday, May 2, 2010

2010 Doo Dah Highlights...

The Doo Dah parade was a smashing success! We enjoyed the new parade route, a controversial ambling along the Eastern edges of Pasadena, which I felt allowed for a more intimate connection to the crowd and experience. I was part of a Corvette Cavalcade of past Queens-- afraid I don't have any pictures of me hanging out of the side of a black Corvette, but will post if any turn up. I was pelted by the obligatory tortilla and unending barrage of marshmallows- always welcomed.


A few of our favorite entries-- Count Smokula on his accordian and Dennis with his multi-colored happiness...









This year's Queen Erica Valentine, who shreds a mean guitar...










Me and outgoing Queen Skittles...












Here I am with Tom, the mastermind and organizer of the Parade...


















A wacky time was had by all--long live Doo Dah!



No comments:

Post a Comment